Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Self portraits







For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible.One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; One had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle.
For this project i did not have to many solid ideas at the time i will admit, but I think that all except the rule of thirds came out pretty good. In my extreme angle I wanted more than just the angle so I decided to give the photograph some meaning. See the background being plain and blank represents the world and all the poeple in it trying to fit in, and my whitr shirt was to represent me being true and pure to myself and not BLENDING in!!!!

No comments: