Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

Im my portfolio there will be many projects, thoughts about projects, and thoughts of tools that have been used. I think I got off to a very good start with my portfolio but then i started to forget about it and now i am behind and thats somewhere i dont want to be. I think mt favorite project in this class would have to be the film and shutter speed because it was an easy project to get creative with because it had like a skywriting effect to it and that was something I really did enjoy and plus I think my group was helping out alot. Over the course of this tear i have learned a whole lot of things weather it be from rule of thirds from way in the beginning, or shutter speed from not to long ago, all of this stuff was fun and actually suprisingly easy to learn.

I think the thing I was most successful with was probably the haunted Chavez, and the reason I think that is might be because that was aomething that I could actually have fun and still be creative with because in the other projects I think I tried a little to hard and with the haunted Chavez I kinda just let the project and idea just come to me. I know if I would have put a little more effort into this class I would have been one of the best students in the class and thats all I think I needed to be more sucssesful inthis class.

I think my influences have been the other art work that Ms. Cook has shown us because thier art work looked pretty cool so in the back of my head i would tell myself to try to make something way better but when I did make something good I think it was just like accidental sucsses. I think that when I first started it was like nothing but snap shots for me but then later in the year I was able to forsee the picture before i took it and thats what helped me out the most, just a all around understanding of digital photgraphy.

No comments: